Training & Education
We provide support to faculty and students across the SF State Campus to explore health equity research and generate new approaches to understanding and addressing health equity issues.
Sample Activities HEI offers include
- Mentor and provide resources to faculty to foster innovative health equity research.
- Provide peer review for faculty preparing health equity research proposals.
- Support Affinity Groups that support the development of collaborative research among small groups of faculty from across the university.
- Sponsor writing retreats to give faculty the opportunity to work on health equity writing projects.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate level courses on health equity related topics.
- Provide opportunities for students to work on health equity research and projects.
The Health Equity Institute engages in research, practice and policy for a just and healthy society